Don’t have a Ruler Analytics account? Why not book a demo today!
Install the add-on from the Gsuite store.
2. You will then be taken to a new blank Google Sheet. If you have a specific sheet you wish to use, you can go to the desired sheet and use the add-on here as well.
3. Once you are in the desired sheet, go to Add ons in the top bar and select manage add-ons
You should see your Ruler add-on listed, select manage and enable 'use in this document'
4. Go back to your Google Sheet and select add-ons > Ruler Analytics and you will be given a drop down menu which gives you all available actions with this add-on.
5. Select 'Prepare Sheet' from the drop down. This will auto populate your sheet with the required headers to send your sales data to Ruler Analytics.
More information on the formatting required can be found here.
6. Select 'configure account settings' from the add-ons drop down menu. You will then be prompted with some pop up boxes.
UA - This should be the UA- of the Google Analytics account you wish to send the sales data as an event to.
Google Analytics Event Name - Specify the event name you wish to give the custom event, this can be whatever you like such as 'New Sale'
API Key - Here you will need to add in your Ruler Analytics API Key. You can generate your API Key in your Ruler dashboard.
You will then be given the option of whether you would like the sheet to fire as soon as you update with new data. You can select your preference here, however we recommend to avoid sending any incorrect data to select no here.
7. Once you are happy with the data you have added and its formatting, go to add-ons > and select send to Ruler Analytics and Google Analytics.
You should see your sales data show up in Ruler within 20 minutes and this should fire as an event in Google Analytics.
How to test this is working?
If you are sending Revenue or a custom Event there are a few ways to check if this is working.
1 - You should see the Revenue fire into your Ruler Analytics account under ‘Revenue’ in your dashboard.
2 - You should be able to see the Event firing in real time in Google Analytics. Real Time > Events > Last 30 Minutes and if its firing successfully your event should be there.
Reasons why the data has not sent successfully?
If for some reason you have sent the data but it is not working there are a few things you can check
1 - You are passing at least one of the required fields (i.e phone/email address)
2- You have the correct API Key from Ruler Analytics
3- You have the correct UA- code from Google Analytics
4 - You have the correct Date (i.e 2019 not 2018)
5 - Bot filtering view is turned off in Google Analytics. This is the most common reason why an event would not fire into Analytics.
If you are still having trouble with the Gsuite add-on please get in touch and the team will be happy to take a look.